Examples of the Troy Clinton Law Group's current and recent projects and deals:
● Represent a global, research, technology and consulting firm in a $45 million merger with an organization that works with health care institutions to help them operate more effectively and deliver more value to their communities.
● Represent a business consulting firm in a $35 million sale of a business division.
● Represent a venture capital fund in all portfolio company investments and governance as well as venture firm governance matters, including the following transactions:
○ An $18 million Series C co-investment in a national, IP-based, out-of-home video advertising network focused on high-volume quick serve restaurants and fast casual dining restaurants.
○ A multi-million dollar Series A extension investment in a leading provider of professional quality, interactive videos and related services that make ready-to-assemble and/or complicated products easier to put in use by consumers.
○ Multiple multi-million dollar convertible debt bridge financings of its portfolio companies.
● Represented an entertainment software company in the launch of several online-enabled games, including drafting and negotiating distribution, end-user and licensing agreements.
● Represent a gelato manufacturer and retailer in connection with a $2 million private offering.
● Represented a NYSE listed railroad company, in multiple acquisitions, including a $32 million acquisition of Maryland railway company and a $16.5 million acquisition of Georgia railway company .
● Represented the lead investor in $8 million Series C investment in a biopharmaceutical company that is developing drugs for the treatment of diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
● Represented a mobile virtual network operator in the launch of its mobile phone service business, including drafting and negotiating, reseller, distribution, end-user and licensing agreements.
● Represented an online music marketing, production and distribution company in its multi-million dollar Series A and follow on financings.
● Represent numerous religious orders and dioceses in connection with major consolidations and civil restructurings throughout the United States and Canada.
● Counsel clients on corporate governance matters, including developing codes of conduct and ethics, insider trading policies and corporate compliance programs, for directors, officers, and employees and executive compensation issues and disclosure.
● Represented various mortgage lenders and banks on issues arising under federal and states laws, including the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and state anti-predatory lending and fair lending laws.
● Provide corporate advice for 501(c)(3) and other tax-exempt organizations, including formation, registration of exemption, governance, governance disputes, fiduciary obligations, charitable solicitations, charitable gift annuities, sophisticated investment structures, employment law, and complex real estate and financial transactions.
● Represent religious congregations and institutes throughout the United States in major provincial consolidations and civil restructurings, including the development of strategies to protect provincial assets and formation of charitable trusts and corporations.
● Establish charitable trusts and develop other strategies to protect the assets of charitable organizations.